Date Posted: 2/18/2019
Categories: Lead Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 150-200
Job Type: Full-Time
Christ Chapel Warner Robins
Lead Pastor Job Description
Who We Are
Christ Chapel Warner Robins is a diverse and exciting congregation of believers that has ministered in the community for the past 12 years. Before we were Christ Chapel, we were Faith Assembly. We have a word of prophecy that was spoken over our church in 1978: “Go to Warner Robins and build a church as big as your faith, and I will fill it.” We believe that word is for a time yet to come. Our attendance in this season has consistently averaged over (150) with peak times of (200) or more. We have a multi-member staff, and the church is located minutes from Robins AFB, the largest employer in the state of GA.
Our core values are:
- Intentional Discipleship
- Authentic Worship
- Scripturally Based Teaching
- Purposed Evangelism
- Community Focused
- Excellence Driven
Christ Chapel Warner Robins Board of Elders is in the process of filling the position of Lead Pastor and currently in the process of receiving resumes. We respectfully ask you to pray for God’s guidance and direction for you and your family and when and if that direction is confirmed we ask you to submit your resume for consideration. Please carefully read and consider all qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
The Lead Pastor of Christ Chapel Warner Robins is the spiritual leader and shepherd of the local church body. The Lead pastor is responsible for the spiritual welfare, overall church programs, growth, and vitality of the church. He prepares God’s people for works of service within their spiritual gifts so that the body of Christ may be built up (Ephesians 4:12).
It shall be his duty to provide vision, to promote the programs adopted by the church, to be loyal to its heritage and principles, and to advance the ministry of the church in order that it may fulfill its purpose.
The Lead Pastor is accountable to work within the Constitution and Bylaws to assure effective and efficient coordination and management of all programs of Christ Chapel Warner Robins.
Salvation: Testimony to having experienced the new birth (John 3:5)
Baptism in the Holy Spirit: Testimony to having received the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the initial physical evidence of speaking in other tongues according to Acts 2:4. The Spirit-filled life will enable a minister to fulfill the threefold mission of the church (Constitution, Article IV)
Evidence of call: Clear evidence of a divine call to the ministry, evidenced by a personal conviction, confirmed by the work of the Spirit and the testimony of fellow ministers
Christian character: A blameless Christian life and a good report of those who are without (Titus 1:7; 1 Timothy 3:7)
Doctrinal position: A thorough understanding of and agreement with our doctrinal position as contained in the Statement of Fundamental Beliefs
Assemblies of God polity: A satisfactory working knowledge of the principles, practices, and purposes of the Fellowship through a study of the General Council and District Council Constitution and By-laws
Voluntary cooperation and commitment to the Fellowship: An active loyalty to our constitutional agreements, a cooperative spirit, and a readiness to seek and receive the counsel of mature Christians, such as the Board of Elders
Experience: Five-years of experience as a Lead pastor or equivalent leadership, and hold Assembly of God ordination Education: Meet the minimum requirements established by the Georgia District for ordination
1.Overall Leadership: The Lead pastor is primarily responsible for preaching and exercising effective leadership. He is a de- facto member of all committees. The Lead pastor supervises the pastoral staff, assigning tasks, assessing performance, and assuring task completion. He guides and encourages their personal and professional development. The Lead pastor also provides leadership to lay leaders and meets with all boards, ministries, and lay leadership routinely and as circumstances
2. Godly Example: The Lead pastor provides a godly example to the leaders and congregation by devotion, prayer, self-care, character, and actions (1 Timothy 3:2-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 5:1-3)
3. Preaching: The Lead pastor devotes a significant amount of time and effort to the study and exposition of God’s Word as the primary preacher in the Sunday services (2 Timothy 2:15; 4:1-5). The Lead pastor preaches the scriptures with clarity and enthusiasm, connecting with diverse levels of spiritual maturity.
4. Worship: The Lead pastor provides direction when necessary and empowers the ministerial staff, worship leaders, media and music ministries as to the content and structure of all worship services.
5. Teaching and training: The Lead pastor provides overall training and inspiration to pastoral staff to ensure that they are maturing in their faith, enhancing their skills and developing professionally. Likewise, the Lead pastor assures that the overall church body has opportunities for Bible Study by teaching weekly congregational Bible Study for more in depth review and interpretation of God’s Word.
6. Shepherding and Congregation Care: The Lead pastor demonstrates a shepherd’s heart that genuinely loves and cares for the congregation, both members and seekers. To that end, the Lead pastor assures that a viable program of congregation care is implemented to address the broad and disparate needs of the entire congregation.
7. Doctrine: The Lead Pastor upholds and defends the historic, evangelical faith which serves as the foundation for our beliefs (Jude 1:3; Galatians 1:6-9; 1 Timothy 6:20; 2 Timothy 1:13-14).
8. Vision: True vision comes from the Lord. The Lead pastor defines, communicates, and oversees the execution of the vision and objectives of Christ Chapel Warner Robins with boldness and humility, both to the congregation and ministerial staff.
9. Administration: The Lead Pastor oversees the administration and management of all areas of the congregation’s ministry in conjunction with the church Board of Elders, committees, and staff.
Please send your résumé and sermon videos (if any) to [email protected]